A central mission of The Magnes Collection of Jewish Art and Life is to conduct research that investigates the performative power of cultural heritage. The rich and diverse holdings of The Magnes are broadly available for viewing, study, and research.
The Magnes provides a number of ways in which scholars, students, and teachers may access resources related to Jewish art, culture, and life.
- magnes.berkeley.edu: exhibitions, programs, collections, images, audio, video.
- magnesalm.org: database with detailed descriptions and images of thousands of items.
- flickr.com/magnesmuseum: access to thousands of collection images.
- magnes.berkeley.edu/digital-programs: Interactive online and Digital Humanities projects.
- youtube.com/magnesmuseum videos of events and digital programs.
- UC Library Search: catalog of the Western Jewish Americana archives, other Jewish collections on campus, and The Magnes Reference Library.
- Resources for Jewish Studies on the UC Berkeley campus and beyond related to Jewish life and culture.
Research Information Form
The Magnes Collection is currently processing the Roman Vishniac Archive. Materials from the archive are not yet available.